Sunday 6 September 2009

Tate Modern









This is my favourite place in London. I have been here at least thirty times. I live in London and when I am bored or don't have anything to do, I tend to end up In the Tate Modern. I love going here and looking around, usually at the same art each time, but sometimes there will be a new and exhilarating show on.

As I previously stated when talking about Cy Twombly's work, the four seasons, which live in the Tate Modern will never get old, especially by me.

The photos above are of three different exhibitions which have previously taken place in the Turbine Hall. Olafur Eliasson's 'The Weather Project', which has the photo of the sun, was the fourth commisioned exhibition in the turbine hall in 2003. This is my favourite one. It was amazingly relaxing when you were just sitting down in the turbine hall looking up at the sun. The other one was the crack (Shibboleth) by Doris Salcedo in 2006, which was very new and quite fun. I did enjoy the slides as well, named 'Test Site', by Carsten Holler in 2007. They were actually very high.

The view from the top of the gallery is magnificent and in the heart of London. It is a beautiful area of just to relax in and see some magnificent contemporary work.

No comments:

Post a Comment